Her Story is My Story

I've made terrible mistakes before, I have worked jobs that were not pleasing; just so I can pay the bills, I have been through some ugly stuff. Do I wish I had better opportunities? Absolutely!
People hear my story and say, oh, honey I'm so sorry that you had to go through that, but you're a different person right now, you're not that same person anymore! And for a while, I used to tell myself this same thing. Then I stopped and started really thinking of the person I was back then and discovered something. Back then, I was a person who worked my ass off so hard so that I can get somewhere in my life! I was a person who would drop a seemingly great opportunity in an instant as soon as I realized it was degrading or a distraction from my dream.
Who am I now? I'm still that person who won't give up on herself and those I care about, who fights for a better life every day, someone who won't take any degrading shit if I can!
Because I have learned to embrace me, accept me, embrace my diversities, and learn from them. I won't refer to my past as someone I used to be, but rather, I'm proud of who I have become after that. No, I will not lose myself trying so hard to change my story, or embrace the good parts of who I am!
I am me! When I look into the mirror, I see future you, the same you, making you proud by achieving what we set out to do. Our story is not one of shame, it is one full of intrigue, excitement, sad and happy tears, full of hope. It is a beautiful inspiring tale.
This is the story I'll read to you whenever you're doubting who you are 

Popular posts from this blog

Women Do

Women Do (cont): How can I can succeed when they set me up to fail?

You only live once!